"AUC/YYYY" years ago the city of Rome was founded (ab urbe condita). The seeds were sown that would grow into one of the largest empires ever seen, This empire inspired one of the greatest strategy games ever, a game I have been playing, and modifying for years.
Total War Modifications
Rome Total War & Medieval II Total War
Coding:Almost all files and databases within the game to a custom level
Entire Unit rosters:
Baktrian factional roster, including historical and game-balancing units.
An example of the campaign map centred over "Britannia"
An example of updated Parthian units using models and skins from the Total War community.
Including UI (from splash screen to credits, almost all aspects modified)
Model skins (custom colour palettes, historical and gameplay orientated modification and changes to mapped skins, completely new skins, adaptation of previous skins and usage of skins in new ways on new models and in new environments).
Game mechanics research:
- An extensive knowledge on limitations and coding within the game engine
- Troubleshooting with blind errors
- Identification of modern limitations on the RTW, BI and ALX engines, transferable coding and graphics between the three game engines. coding parameters to enable options of BI engine in ALX engine and vice versa
- Implementation of M2TW and RTW coding, graphics, models and other elements within each other
- Adaptation of the plugin code and usage in making buildings and regions unique.
- In depth knowledge of the classical world, Vast and wide range of knowledge from the Iron age through to medieval times.
- Extensive knowledge of ancient rituals, religion and politics, specifically that of the Roman Empire and Roman Republic.
- Extensive knowledge of Roman military traditions and tactics.
- Extensive knowledge of Carthaginian, Ptolemaic, Seleucid, Macedonian, Athenian, Spartan (and other Greek/Diadochi States), Celtic, Germanic, Briton, Steppe society and military traditions.
- Knowledge of Getae/Dacian, Parthian, Armenian, Persian, Pontic, Berber, and other ancient peoples traditions.
- Knowledge of Medieval Europe, North Africa and Near East Peoples and Military.
- Basic knowledge of some Indo-European languages (both extant and extinct, specifically Latin, Celtic and Ancient Greek) words and usage.
Caesar's DE BELLO GALLICO, Book V. translated into English
Almost expert at coding Medieval II Total War, and educate others on fan websites (for instance twcenter.net) about coding and how to code certain aspects.
Proficient at Photoshop, GIMP and other graphical tools to edit mapped skins and graphical parts of the engine.
Basic knowledge of 3D modelling and how to use 3D Modelling in an game environment.
Other Total War Games
An example of shield values in the Pack File Manager.
- Usage of internal and external programmes including The Total War Assembly Kits, Pack File Manager (external fan-made application to parse and edit in-game files), Photoshop, GIMP, Audiokinetic: Wwise, and Notepad (HTML, XML and some in-game code)
- Troubleshooting compatibility between various modifications.
- Modifying areas of the game to balance better and/or be more historically accurate.
- Modification of various shaders, graphical options and depth of field to develop a greater feel to the game without performance problems.
- Various graphics edited or newly created for use in-game
- Troubleshooting poor and ineffective coding, also removing/reusing legacy coding.
- Various scripting and AI coding.
- ESF editing, to determine various in-game attributes.
- Database editing and mapping of the database.
Back to Top