Guide One: Extinction
Are you fed up of ancient files from early days of Zoo Tycoon 2 listing extinct animals as crtical? - Like the Dwarf Panda, Pyrenean Ibex and Terror Bird, well fret no more here is an easy way of killing them off...
You will need:
- Notepad or other simple text editor
- Winrar, Winzip or other zip programme
The First Bit
Go to where your files are situated
In XP it is at C:\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Downloads or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
In Vista, 7, 8.1 (64 bit) it is usually in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads\zootycoon_com_zt2_1033 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
- Scroll down and look for the animal you want to change, in Downloads open up the folder then open up the .z2f file using winrar or another zip programme, In the Zoo Tycoon 2 Program Files you will only need to open up the .z2f.
- In the .z2f file go into entities\units\animals\ai open the MAIN xml file with notepad or another text editor (normally *name*.xml, not *name*_Young_F.xml or others)
- Search for (using Ctrl+F) s_Endangerment= ,next to s_Endangerment= you should notice "critical" or another endangerment status, change this to "extinct" (lower case)
The Second Bit
- In the Z2f file go to lang\1033 (english is 1033, other languages have different codes)
- Click on the xml file for the animal (normally name_strings.xml). look for Conservation and the line should read some thing like this:
Change the code with this:
Thats it done now save and play, any questions PM me at ZTDC.
Only works if you have DD or EA or have the "extinct.dds" file installed under a .z2f file in "ui/zoopedia/"
lang/1033 is English, for other languages replace "Conservation Status:" & "Extinct" with the localised version
Do not I repeat do not distribute files without their makers permisson
Please reference This Guide when making your animals extinct
Thanks to Badisbadis101, penguinman and mikamod